miercuri, 23 decembrie 2009

From Sandija after a while

It has been a while since we were in Rumania, but we still have good memories from the time we spent there. Most interesting is that for all of us it seams that only yesterday we left Rumania. It seems that only yesterday we were hiking feeling totally exhausted, but we did not give up. It seams just yesterday we were on a treasure hunt, looking for clues...

We arrived, had a great time and left, bringing home tons of memories to share with family and friends. Now all of us would like to go back to meet all the wonderful that took part in this life changing project. This project will always remain in my memory the fact that I met so many nice people and learned other national symbols and culture. Most, of course, I learned about Turkey, which I would like to visit as soon as I can and see everything Turkish told me about and showed me. I enjoyed making these Workshop presentations in each country’s group because they were completely different and it was also fun. It’s a pity that now, after a while, I can’t keep in touch with everyone. I loved energizers, which were taught in Romania, and now are often used as a good way to spend time with my friends. Most striking thing left in my memory from Romania is the common sports games, in which we got divided into groups so that only 1 person from each country, I enjoyed the treasure hunt so much, in which we had to cooperate with each other for the challenge to succeed. And of course within in memory will stay nice people who took part in the project and were always helpful and friendly. I gained a lot of English language skills and conversational development, because I had to speak English every day. I loved Romania itself as a country and I enjoyed the beautiful mountains and nature. Waking up every morning and seeing that magnificent view of the mountains was really great. There are much smaller hills in Latvia so I found it nice. Looking at pictures, or reading a letter with intention to turn the time back and stay there. But I hope that a similar opportunity will be given to me and I will see you all and share some more time.

At the beginning it was very difficult to return back to school. Strange feeling with no people from the project, no shared meals, activities, conversation, good time together. Even after a week got back home at night, my dad rung and asked whether I'm home, I was asleep so I began speaking English because I was used to speak English all the time. Leavening Romania was really hard but the memories will remain forever.

Best wishes to every one of you!


Merry Christmas :)
Sandija

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu